Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The End.

They say things come full circle. I was never good at drawing circles. Or ovals. they never met up and one side was always bigger. I always come back to one feeling however. Day after day I can't shake the feeling that I am failing at being a productive, healthy, happy person. Now, if you lived in my house and saw the things I do on a daily basis, including getting up before twelve in the afternoon, you would know I am productive. My boyfriend tells me every day that I should look around and catalog what I've done. All I can see are the things that need to be done, and how much better I can do tomorrow.
 As far as being healthy goes....I'm still working on that. I have been since I can remember, and I'm not exaggerating. I was recently diagnosed with a mental health disorder that I have been coping with since I was little. On top of dealing with everything else, it can be hard to stay healthy, to eat right, to be happy. Steep learning curve. I hope I'm making progress, but who can really tell?
  So I'm making the best of what I have. Constant fear of inadequacy, vicious self-criticism, two cats, two rabbits and a boyfriend. A house that's falling apart and has a kitchen that was made to discourage people from cooking. A front yard full of rocks and stumps. I think the city is coming to dig up the asphalt in our parking lot because the pipes are really messed up. Oh, and the person we bought this house from rents in a house across the street. More on that later.
  Have things come full circle? I lost another job, I spend most of my days inside so I'm socially awkward again, and I'm back to daydreaming about better things. I'd say I'm right back where I was in high school. At least this time I don't have to go to gym. What 'They' say always seems to be true, but I have issues with authority. Plus its spring right? I've got a whole bunch of new beginnings ahead of me, and a lot of chances to make what they say, into what I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment